As this is the time of year farmers will be thinking of autumn reseeds, Pasture to profit consultant Sean Chubb runs through some options to help mitigate the risk of a feed shortage during summer, as a result of a prolonged dry period.
Reseeding options explained:
- Ryegrass and clover
- Supplement feed on hand
- Dirty water use and management
- Change summer grazing management
- Rolling deferred, lift average farm cover, standing hay/deferred grass
- Ryegrass, Cocksfoot and clover swards
- Ryegrass and clover + tall fescue and clover
- Planting summer crops
Listen to the Sean’s helpful tips here:
If you would like some help to find the option to suit you best, contact your local pasture to profit consultant.